Ceannt Fort, Kilmainham

I

impersonator

Been looking at a few houses in Ceannt Fort in Kilmainham and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the location?

Don't really know the area at all. Heard that certain parts of Kilmainham can be dodgy and Inchicore is not exactly the nicest stop around but apart from that haven't got much info.

The houses there seem very nice and it seems very quite being up and off the road.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks

The area is also known as Mount Brown.
The estate itself is lovely, a little haven off the bustling streets.
An elderly relative has lived there for over 40 years.
As far as I can see the residents would be mainly elderly, or the sons/daughters who inherited and nurses/doctors from James St. hospital.
Parking may be an issue as the roads can be quite tight.
Over the past couple of months the local community officer has been in close contact with the residents due to attempted burglaries targetted at the elderly.

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

That's very reassuring. Terrible to think that the elderly are being targeted though.

Must keep an eye out if we buy there..

parking is tight. estate is quiet and settled either long term residents or blow ins!. kilmainham is not dodgy....inchicore is hamrless enough too. go for it!

I have lived in the area for years - used to live directly across the road. When I move up the ladder and can afford a house this will estate will be top of my list. Lovely feel to the place

Thanks everyone. Very much appreciated!

Does anyone have any bad things to say about the area at all?

only negative is lack of a park in estate but thats same for all inner ish city areas!

It's not a million miles from both the Royal Hospital and the Phoenix Park though, so it's far from the worst in that respect.

Couldn't have more nearby greenery any where else in the city....mmmmmm bad things...roads are narrow...if you don't have off street parking could be awkward....we did get off street in our house and alot of them have.

Back