CD Wow

J

johnreg

I am looking to get a couple of old dvds. Is cdwow still as good as it used to be?

I suggest you email them first to establish whether the items are in stock.

The last couple of times I used their website, it happily accepted and processed my order (and my payment) and about a week later I got a do-not-reply email saying that the items were out of stock and that they'd advise again when they were dispatching them. In both cases I ended up waiting 3 or 4 weeks before eventually having to cancel the orders and apply for a refund (which in fairness was issued fairly promptly).

I agree with DrMoriarty, if you are going to order from CDWOW email before hand to check whether the items are in stock. I got stung before and was waiting 4 weeks for a DVD. Never again.

I am looking to get a couple of old dvds. Is cdwow still as good as it used to be?

Ordered a cd 2 weeks ago, landed yesterday. Service good.

Tip - order on cdwow.co.uk - site in sterling - stock is cheaper in sterling prices.

I always used to use cdwow, but after several orders where item wasn't in stock, and getting mails week after week saying it was further delayed I gave up on them!! This also happend on a pre-release order that I made 1 month before the release date, took nearly 6 weeks after the release date to ship.

Use play.com now

I used to use CD Wow last year and stopped for some reason.
I gave them another chance a few weeks ago.
Ordered 3 items all seemed fine, then got a mail saying that 2 of the items are not in stock :(
Funny thing is that one of the items is in stock, but for €20 more than I paid
I then remembered that this had happened before.
Never using them again.

I use play.com regularly and they are very speedy with delivery.
Order on thurs, generally get the item on monday once it's not a new release.

Completely agree with the above experiences. Sick of getting emails week after week from CDWOW telling me that my item is out of stock and will be dispatched when it comes in. They never tell me this before I complete the order. Never use them anymore...always go for Play. Delivery is so much quicker.

2 weeks is NOT good, play are a lot quicker

True, and I cant disagree.

It irks me when Play.com take advantage of the exchange rate. CDs are ussually 10% dearer on the euro version of play as compared to the sterling version.

Play are top notch. Just got "Manchester United: End Of Season Review / Road To Moscow - Special Edition (3 Discs)" for €6.49 inc. Free Delivery.

Whatever about adding to the exchange rate, you'd spend minimum €15 here for that. Golden Discs have it at €29.99!

For DVDs I find play and sendit very good and reasonable priced in comparison to cdwow.

www.play.com
www.sendit.com

They both do free delivery to Ireland. I usually price an item in both of these and Amazon and go with the cheapest! With amzaon there is always a postage charge which usually makes it more expensive.

CDwow (the Irish one anyway) in my experience are always late with deliveries. In their latest scheme/scam they sent me a voucher for 4 euros. I went on to the site and ordered 3 blu ray discs. They were half the price of other websites. A good deal? The next day they sent me an email saying that they were having difficulty getting the stock I paid for. When I logged on to the website all items were still listed as being in stock, my checkout basket had been filled up again with the same items but the price they wanted was more than double. I emptied the basket as thes eitems were already ordered and paid for. 2 days later they cancelled my order with the excuse that they could no longer get those items (Taken, Heroes Season 2 and The Prisoner by the way, hardly uncommon and the Prisoner was a pre-release). They refunded my credit card but not the voucher. I complained. They replied again that it was a limited release, those wonderfully low prices were for 1 night only (true but I suspect a mistake on their part) and that once they sold out they could not complete the order in my case. So, this is not what they said in the first email. It doesnt make sense that all blurays that day were cheap and all sold out. It also doesnt make sense that they restocked my basket with goods I already paid for and at twice the price, almost begging me to click "Pay" again. Is there anything I can do to force them to honour the sale?

Back