CD WOW - not accepting Laser cards anymore?

Kerrylady

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I ordered several things from CD WOW this time last year and I was able to pay using my AIB Laser card. I haven't been back to the site since. I just tried to buy a few things there and it says I can only pay by Visa, Mastercard or American express. Is this correct?

Thanks

damn it, pity it was nice having a site that accepted laser. maybe they don't like the look of the irish banks anymore, or should i say the government banks.

response from cdwow:

We are temporarily not accepting Laser Card payments as we are in the process of setting up a new account, and we hope to start accepting them again soon. However, I am unable to give you an estimated time frame on when we will start accepting this mode of payment.

We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your ongoing patience.

Kind Regards,
Kelly | Customer Service Representative
CDWOW!

FWIW ..

Now that BOI have announced their decision to exit LASER in favour of VISA Debit, the future of the whole LASER scheme is uncertain.

PTSB have also exited LASER in favour of VISA Debit so there will be less users of LASER in Ireland in future.

Nice work daredevil096! Debit cards should be accepted more on websites - it's practically a cash payment! I hope they bring it back soon....great website for a bargain

CDWOW was purchased by a new Australian company several months ago after the old company went into administration.

Could be the reason behind why they have to set up the new accounts.