CD WOW inconsistent pricing?

ClubMan

Is it the case that CD-WOW sometimes lists the same item under two different prices? For example I found Grandaddy's "The Sophtware Slump" [broken link removed] and [broken link removed]. Is this a common occurrence?

Not common , no. Same for Nick Cave though I see.

I found in the past that I could get some DVDs cheaper (especially Region 3) when buying direct from their Hong Kong site (even accounting for currency fluctuations) [broken link removed]

ClubMan said:
Is it the case that CD-WOW sometimes lists the same item under two different prices?

Do you mean on the same site, or across the CDWOW 'stable' ?
The .FM (Micronesia, priced in Norwegian Kroner ) site is often the cheapest of the 'stable' though the saving can just be a couple of cent.

[broken link removed]

I found this link on another website and I've used it for comparison on a number of occasions.
IF you are interested in an item, let your mouse hover over the item code (on the CD Wow screen) and then input that item code onto this link (ie 13401 is a harry potter dvd).
It all come back in DKK, but does give you a good idea of where the best value is.
only cavaet is I've found some items aren't on all sites so the entire thing goes into error.

TarfHead said:
Do you mean on the same site, or across the CDWOW 'stable' ?
The .FM (Micronesia, priced in Norwegian Kroner ) site is often the cheapest of the 'stable' though the saving can just be a couple of cent.
On the same site as the example that I posted illustrates. I remember there being savings by ordering through other country sites but that's not what I'm taking about here.

No use for the example that I posted as there are two different codes for the same item albeit at different prices! Besides every time I tried it it reported:
Error getting page from CD-WOW - try again!

Don't you get charged 1-2% by your credit card in foreign currency transactions? Might wipe out that gain of a couple of cents!

When using cdwow, use the cdwow.com not cdwow.ie
When using play.com, choose the sterling currency, if you choose euro, you pay the exchange rate and 'a little extra'.

dobsdave said:
When using cdwow, use the cdwow.com not cdwow.ie
When using play.com, choose the sterling currency, if you choose euro, you pay the exchange rate and 'a little extra'.

This came to my attention on another forum, just after I had ordered €100 worth of books. Had I ordered in Stg price, taking into account an exchange rate of .69 they would have cost slightly less than €90..so taking 1-2% into account I would have saved myself about €8..on top of the savings I had made on shop prices here.

Clubman

Have you tried to e-mail them

help@cd-wow.com

ClubMan said:
No. I was just curious in case anybody else noticed it. Anyway, I got the CD mentioned at the lower price!

Well you always advocate shopping around although it usually doesn't apply to the same shop