CD stuck in magazine

sabre Man

My CD magazine in my car takes 6 CDs, and the CD function of the player doesn't work and I can't eject the magazine.

I was thinking of unscrewing the whole unit and remove all the CDs, but is that a good idea? I've read warnings about not opening CD players due to laser beams.

Laser is only firing when the player is reading or playing a disc. Just ensure the ignition is fully off before performing the surgery.
Leo

Just an idea and may not be suitable for your problem. Isn't there (wasn't there) a pin hole that one could push through a straightened-out paperclip which ejected cd drawers. As I said just an idea which may not even be a runner!

Just an idea and may not be suitable for your problem. Isn't there (wasn't there) a pin hole that one could push through a straightened-out paperclip which ejected cd drawers. As I said just an idea which may not even be a runner!

If only.

I've just unscrewed the unit and every single screw on the unit. There's no way to open the unit and get the magazine out once a CD is stuck in the unit. Looks like it's one for the repairman.

It's an Alpine stereo by the way.