cd changer for peugeot 307

Carebear

I recentley bought a 307, there is a cd player/radio and then underneath the radio there is a 5 disc cd changer. The cd player (on radio) is working perfect but the 5 disc cd player is'nt. I put cd's into the slots and nothing happens (the manual does'nt help on this matter) I can put cd's into slots 1,2,4 & 5 but can't get cd into slot 3? Just yesterday, when I turn on the ignition the cd changer has started to make a clicking sound and then stops after a few seconds. Will I just go back to the garage or would I be able to sort the problem myself by taking the cd changer out? There is a years warranty on the car.

No question just go back to the garage, Remove all you CD's and tell them there's a "funny" noise from the changer. They'll have to fix it. Sound's you might have two cd's in the one slot. They will prob just fix it by either giving you a new one or send it off for repair. If they do try and pass the blame and say it's the way you loaded the cd's (as this is the way most of these problems happen) say well the salesmen never showed me how it worked and there's no manual so either way they would be still at fault.
If you remove the cd changer and open the changer you just lost your warranty.

Back