CCTV Wiring Details

BMD

Hi,

Could some one let me know what type of wiring needs to be installed for CCTV.

I will have 4 camera's being fed back to a central recorder. If I want to be able to look at the cameras on the internet do I need cat5e cabling to each camera or just to the controller?

Any other tips would be appreciated?

it depends on the system, but no you dont need cat 5 into cameras only to the back of the box... there are 2 types i believe most common is a 2 wire system plug and play.. depending on how far you cameras are this may work for you.. extensions are expensive..

then you can use rg56 ( i think its called) up graded sat cable that can carry a charge... this is the easiest way just one cable as long as you need to camera.. system with 4 cameras are about €500

Be careful of installing any wiring, expecially wiring carrying a charge.
A qualified electrician should be called to carry out this work compliantly.
There are implications for increasing fire risk and breach of fire sealing protection.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.