CCTV Wiring Details

BMD

Hi,

Could some one let me know what type of wiring needs to be installed for CCTV.

I will have 4 camera's being fed back to a central recorder. If I want to be able to look at the cameras on the internet do I need cat5e cabling to each camera or just to the controller?

Any other tips would be appreciated?

it depends on the system, but no you dont need cat 5 into cameras only to the back of the box... there are 2 types i believe most common is a 2 wire system plug and play.. depending on how far you cameras are this may work for you.. extensions are expensive..

then you can use rg56 ( i think its called) up graded sat cable that can carry a charge... this is the easiest way just one cable as long as you need to camera.. system with 4 cameras are about €500

Be careful of installing any wiring, expecially wiring carrying a charge.
A qualified electrician should be called to carry out this work compliantly.
There are implications for increasing fire risk and breach of fire sealing protection.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Back