CCTV over broadband

paintpotmen

Hi hope you can help,

Im setting up a cctv camera network for my Farther in laws yard, we're putting in 8 cameras, a DVR on site , we have a broadband coneection on site as well and the DVR is set up with web server.

The farther in law wants to have a monitor on full time at his home to view the cameras, he has wireless broadband at home.

Does anyone know how he can view the cameras on a monitor without have a pc or laptop connected view over the web?

Thanks

Give Borsatec a buzz they sell all sorts of security stuff, based in finglas.

or

Greenhills Raindow Distribution GRD down beside Brennans at the bottom of the greehnills road. [broken link removed]

Otherwise ask the company that maintain the cameras about this, common enough.

No connection with either used to know of them from a past job

Should be well doable.

Borsatec would not be my first choice.
Near enough to there is Northwood Technology on Nore Road Finglas or Relable Security in Druncondra.
Most DVRs now have a network card.
But you can not view remotly without a PC

All of the above is grand.Careful when choosing a DVR,(what u see at the counter is not what will be recorded) ask to see the playback of the cameras.also remember that if your ordering broadband that you get synchronous broadband. i.e 3mb up 3mb down.
when you order broadband and its advertised at 3mb. thats 3mb download speed. and probably has a slow up load spped ( less than 1mb normally 512k)basically, live video streaming of eight cameras at good resolution and frame rate will be difficult.although one camera will look good by itself.you need to have a good upload speed to enable the video streaming from the DVR in the yard to your fathers house.Security??? look into a VPN or Virtual private network for your camera system. any questions feel free to ask.

Back