CC Receipt states Transaction Void

MANTO

Hi Folks,

I paid 244euro in the opticians today. I have only noticed the receipts states - Transaction Void. Has the transaction gone through?

I stood there with the sales assistant and watched him do the transaction - he was looking at the terminal the whole time?

hmmmm bit suspicious all right....you could put it up to them by going back and asking for a proper receipt...if you need it and it ain't too much bother for ya.

Hi pudds,

I am going to go back on Tuesday. If the sales assistant did make a mistake I wouldnt like to see him get into trouble.

There was more than enough funds on the card to cover the transaction though. I just find it strange as he was looking at the terminal so it would have said failed?

I dont like the thought of not paying for the good service i got

If you ring your CC company , they should be able to tell you the transactions that have been processed and also tell you the transactions that are due to be processed .

If it does not appear on their system , its probable that the transaction is actually void .

Hi laughter189, I will give them a buzz Monday and see what they say

hmmmm bit suspicious all right....you could put it up to them by going back and asking for a proper receipt...if you need it and it ain't too much bother for ya.

What's this supposed to mean?

The most likely explanation is that the OP hasn't actually paid for the goods because of an innocent error by the sales assistant.

I don't see how there's anything "suspicious" about what's happened.

What's this supposed to mean?

The most likely explanation is that the OP hasn't actually paid for the goods because of an innocent error by the sales assistant.

I don't see how there's anything "suspicious" about what's happened.

Well its suspicious by the fact that MANTO was not given a valid receipt but as you rightly point out it maybe an innocent mistake.

As laughter 189 pointed out checking the card balance should be the first port of call.

Well its suspicious by the fact that MANTO was not given a valid receipt but as you rightly point out it maybe an innocent mistake.

As laughter 189 pointed out checking the card balance should be the first port of call.

The problem there might be that anecdotally some companys can take a really long time to apply a charge to a card. Some have taken many months. if the charge hasnt been applied this doesnt mean it wont be at some future date. The fastest way could be to ask the store.

yup fair point......I've seen this in the case of Paddy Power....but in my experience he has been the sole exception but no doubt there are many others.