CC Balance Transfer

H

harlock

Hi Everyone

I just found this site and have to say it provides amazing information!
There is a question I wanted to ask and this is probably best place to get the info:
I have over 4k on my credit card - it took heavy beating during my holidays. Ever since I have been making small payments (maybe 2xminimum payment) so obviously I cant get out of the loan. I had that idea to apply for a loan and pay off my CC that way but I was refused the loan last month.
My other idea is to apply for a Halifax CC and transfer my entire balance to get 0% apr and repay as much as possible withing that time.
Question is - if I was refused a loan do I stand any chance of being approved for Halifax CC? I dont want to apply without knowing if there is a chance as I have heard that multiple refusals may affect my credit rating in the future...
Thanks in advance
Tom

Your credit rating is based on your credit history in the past and not is you are turned down by loan(s) application.

Yeah but I just wanted to make sure that multiple queries by financial organsations wont result in oppinion that no one wants to give me a loan - hope that makes sense.
You see I had that outstanding balance for a while, I am a perfect customer paying each month but minimum payment so I basically ensure that I remain in debt...
At the same time I nearly paid off my loan with BOI (2 months left out of 24) I finished my student loan and I am nearly finished with my dell finance for the laptop - so there were some people thinking that I can pay off if I was given loans in the past.
At the same time when I applied for the loan top up (mentioned above) I was refused - even though I am nearly finished and that I have never missed a payment ??