Cavity wall insulation

Haille

Got a quotation for cavity wall insulation for 1989 dormer bungalow.
Cavity foam
option. No grant

Cavity Wall Insulation Options. Walltite is a lot warmer and
the beads may have issues.
Install Silver Graphite Beads on the outside of the rigid
insulation.12kg/m3 0.035
Install a cavity wall insulation system that is completly
airtight and has a superior thermal conductivity and will also
control moisture.
BASF Walltite CV100. Density 40kg/m3 and thermal
conductivity 0.026.

0 €6,900.00 13.5% €0.00

Main house
beads option.
Grant €1700

.Cavity Wall insulation.
Drill holes in existing blockwork and pump in glued silver
graphite beads into the cavity within the walls, slowing down
the movement of air and increasing the thermal performance
of the walls
0.035 thermal conductivity 12kg/m3 density. Fill holes.
135.50.7c

0 €2,100.00 13.5% €0.00

Cannot understand why no grant is available for the dearer option of walltite? I am awaiting a reply from company. Any ideas?

No I have not seen the certificate. Is it not normally used in cavity walls?
Ask to see the certificate, read it and see what it says about masonry cavity walls.
No, not normally used in cavity walls. The few incidences I have seen it used in cavity walls resulted in a lot of cracking of the block walls themselves, hence my question about certification.

No, not normally used in cavity walls.
Wonder if they're talking about a different product, the BASF CV100 documentation seems to suggest its only usecase is for masonry cavity walls?

WALLTITE is used to restore the structural stability and reduce the thermal transmittance of existing cavity walls, with masonry inner and outer levels, in which the conventional wall ties have corroded. It is also used in new construction where its superior thermal performance and resistance to flood water is of importance. It has excellent resistance to driving rain and can be installed in all geographical exposure zones. WALLTITE is also ideal where the need to reduce airleakage is important. The foam seals the cavity, does not shrink or allow air to pass through it, therefore air leakage through the cavity can be reduced to zero. WALLTITE stabilises the wall by adhering to the inner surfaces of the cavity and providing a continuous structural connection between the two leaves.The system can also be used on random stone walls that form uneven cavities. https://walltite.basf.ie/files/download/57-Masonry-cavity-wall.pdf

I have been in contact with the NSAI and am awaiting reply. Has Walltite CV100 got NSAI certification? If not why not? What is the issue ? Has anybody out there used it .It is not elegible for grant?

Back