Cavity wall insulation in terraced house

MGL

Hi,
I have been searching threads on insulation and can't seem to find this having been mentioned before:
We are looking at properly insulating our home (attic has been "attempted" by previous owners, next on my project list, thx for all the advice on here!) - we have also been looking at insulating our cavity walls, via the "injection" method, however a friend has wisely raised a concern that if we get insulation blown in to the cavity, all it might do is fill the cavity along the entire length of the terrace!! Is anyone aware if this is the case, or if there is a way around the problem....we would prefer to avoid insulating internally, space is precious!

Thx
MGL.

If a meter mox is located in this cavity wall you may be able to break out a small access point and examine the cavity to see if there is a cavity barrier at the party wall line. Otherwise it's impossible to know. Good practice would suggest that a barrier should have been built in during construction. Failing this I'm sure the contractors who carry out this type of work may have some other suggestions.

You could drill for the barrier at the spot where you think it should be, propably at the partition wall between the houses. For fire safety reasons there should be a barrier , but one never knows, so use the drill from the outside. On the other hand you and your neighbour might be able to get a better deal when doing both houses.
Ask the company you have in mind for doing the job, they might have a tube camera for controlling the work they do.This the man/woman should bring with them when coming for giving the quotation, they should be able to determine the situation.
Then there would be as well the method to insert an inflateable tube that would block the cavity and so limit the extension of the filling. But the company would know best what to do.

It's not a great 'system' if the quality of workmanship is below par, I know of some instances where air-pockets had been created inside the cavity that effectively bridged the inner & outer leafs allowing water to travel across creating damp spots & mould growth on the inside to affected areas.

Personally, I'd opt for drylining instead.