Cavan town to Dundalk - commute by bus/coach

Caveat

Hi

A friend will (hopefully) be travelling to start work in Dundalk at 9:00AM on Tue & Thurs and will have to rely on buses.

CIE seem to be out but was wondering if anyone knows of any private companies that would cover this route? I suppose any time after 5:00 PM (within reason) would be fine for leaving Dundalk but would certainly need to be there for 9:00AM, or pretty close to it.

Thanks

maybe when the college reopens in September. vaguely recall a bus from either Monaghan or Cavan in Dundalk by 9am. Regardless of the Celtic tiger and billions on new road networks etc Cavan/Dundalk - or to go the whole 9 yards Sligo to Dundalk -is crying out for a modern road system. its like something from a snakes and ladders blueprint. mostly snakes.

maybe when the college reopens in September. vaguely recall a bus from either Monaghan or Cavan in Dundalk by 9am. Regardless of the Celtic tiger and billions on new road networks etc Cavan/Dundalk - or to go the whole 9 yards Sligo to Dundalk -is crying out for a modern road system. its like something from a snakes and ladders blueprint. mostly snakes.

I know - it's a joke. Thanks anyway - Sep. might actually be OK if this bus exists. Will you let me know if you remember the operator's name or anything?

Cheers

C

As far as I can recall it was a bus eireann service. dropped off at the college. its a real poxy journey to have to make daily. there isn't a straight mile on it. Off to Algarve tomorrow :) morning but I will try and find out more when I return.

Caveat: Regret no cheer from bus eireann. I will ask around anyway and maybe the students union will have some information.

Don't know what the story is now but only 10 years ago there was only one bus a week (on Tuesdays) which left Dundalk at 09:00, reached Cavan about 11:00. Left again for Dundalk at 13:30. How useless was that? The only people you ever seen on it were pensioners.

I do know that there are a number of private bus companies going from the likes of Baileborough and Kingscourt to the RTC in Dundalk but I don't know about Cavan town. To be honest you are probably better off moving to Dundalk, that journey every day would kill you.

Don't know what the story is now but only 10 years ago there was only one bus a week (on Tuesdays) which left Dundalk at 09:00, reached Cavan about 11:00. Left again for Dundalk at 13:30. How useless was that? The only people you ever seen on it were pensioners.

I do know that there are a number of private bus companies going from the likes of Baileborough and Kingscourt to the RTC in Dundalk but I don't know about Cavan town. To be honest you are probably better off moving to Dundalk, that journey every day would kill you.

OK thanks - will check out Bailieborough & Kingscourt.

Back