Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze on Morning Ireland (Public Apology).

ajapale

At least we were spared Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze this morning. His interview with David O'Sullivan of the European Commission the other morning was very distracting!!

I posted a few years ago about Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze, coughing, spluttering and heavy breathing. At the time I observed that it was always during phone interviews very early in the programme. I put it down to poor production values at RTÉ.

Then last week I heard a public apology on MI for the interview. It seems that he had a "heavy cold" and that the sound supervisor was not on duty when the interview was conducted.

It is good that at long last RTÉ is acknowledging that mistakes have been made. Heres hoping that they will pay a sound supervisior a few bob to come in early in the morning and supervise CMcC!

I posted a few years ago about Cathal MacCoille's nasal wheeze, coughing, spluttering and heavy breathing. At the time I observed that it was always during phone interviews very early in the programme. I put it down to poor production values at RTÉ.

Then last week I heard a public apology on MI for the interview. It seems that he had a "heavy cold" and that the sound supervisor was not on duty when the interview was conducted.

It is good that at long last RTÉ is acknowledging that mistakes have been made. Heres hoping that they will pay a sound supervisior a few bob to come in early in the morning and supervise CMcC!

Good, it was stomach turning!

Des Geraghty was known for his wheezes too. He was nicknamed 'Darth Vadar' in some circles.

Still, it's not as annoying as the clicking of the pens during interviews on Morning Ireland. It may have stopped, as I turned it off ages ago. It comes across as impatient and seems like they are not paying attention to what is being said.

That said, I have noticed on Newstalk - both the morning show and Eamon Keane's lunchtime news, there is audible tapping on keyboards whilst they are interviewing someone by phone.

The ripping of pages and various other sounds can be heard most evenings on Drivetime with Mary Wilson!

Or Joe Duffy when he gets bored with a non controversial phone in and starts rustling bits of paper to find the next controversial one.

Back