castleknock traffic

C

claire021

Hey,

I am startin work in the damastown area and will be living in Castleknock village. Any suggestions on best method of transport? I could drive but would a bus route be more feasible? Il have an early start in the morning, must be in for 8.30. Any suggestions

Not sure about bus routes in that area, but this week it might be of help to listen to Annalivia traffic station 103.2fm. They are on in the morning from 7am to 10am and give really good information on the traffic in the Dublin area. Good luck in the new job!

I think the 38/38A might be the best bet. On the Dublin Bus website search for routes serving placename and enter in Damastown to find any routes that serve the area. Dunno what it is like for commuting though.

I think the 38/38A might be the best bet. On the Dublin Bus website search for routes serving placename and enter in Damastown to find any routes that serve the area. Dunno what it is like for commuting though.

I think you're okay going towards Damastown on the 38, should hit a bus lane by Blanchardstown village.

The current problems in Castleknock occur when driving into the villiage in the morning.

The right turn from Laurel Lodge into Castleknock village is heavily influenced by the bias of the traffic light pedestrian crossing to people walking to the train. Also, the massive, ridiculous, amounts of cars that turn right into the school dropping off kids that live 20 min walk away causes a total gridlock between ~ 8am and ~ 9am.