Castleknock by bus

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a "pad" in Castleknock village area. I currently work near Merrion Square / Baggot Street and am interested to know whats the commute time generally like into town, both at morning peak and evening peak. I normally start work at 8am and finish between 5 and 6.

Am i as well off to walk to the train station at Castleknock/Blanch or should i get the bus into town from Castleknock village? I have pretty much decided to rule out driving as traffic just too heavy across city.

Thanks for any help,
WB

Train is probably your best bet, will bring you to Pearse.

Are you near the Bell pub? The 39 goes from there every 10 minutes, but only brings you to Hawkins st. There in express service in the morning and evening, but not sure the timetable for that.

Obviously if you are thinking of buying in a particular area and want to know about the commute times etc. then you should do a few trial runs yourself to get a better feel for it.

Cheers for that info.

Have driven out there to look at houses in the evening - it took me 2 hours driving on Tuesday last!!

Would anyone have an idea of how long it would generally take me to go by bus to Merrion Sq / Baggot Street???

Thanks
WB

2 hours? Where were you driving from?

I go out there at 4.30 every evening and it takes maximum 45 minutes.
What route did you take?

Bus from the bell to the quays would take about 30 minutes.

Was driving from Merrion Square / Baggot Street to Castleknock village.

I went along the quays - i know, probably not the best way, but i'm not familiar with driving across the city.

When you say it takes u 45 minutes - where is that from and where is that to???? Would be very interested to know. And i am correct in thinking that you drive this?

Also, where does it drop you off at the quays - would i be correct in thinking the bottow of o'connell street?

Thanks for any help,
WB

WarrenBuffet said:
Also, where does it drop you off at the quays - would i be correct in thinking the bottow of o'connell street?
[broken link removed] have a great website with this sort of info.

WarrenBuffet said:

Thanks for any help,
WB

I think it terminates in front of the Central bank.

Drive from Baggot St to Clonee.

Down Lesson st, onto the green, Cuffe St, Kevin St, Dean st, Up Meath St. At the top of Meath St, take a left, then second right (brings you onto Oliver Bond St), take a left and another immediate left. Onto the Quays, then down as far as Heuston and out through the Park. 45 minuts tops and thats leaving town at 4.30pm

also watch out for deer in the park after dark. Every time I drive through in the dark they seem to be crossing the road, even in the early evening. It is very disconcerting and you do need to keep your speed down and be aware despite the eejits who fly past you.

Back