Castlegrange Dublin 15

OnLooker

Anyone have any opinions on Castlegrange?

[broken link removed]

Prices seem to have dropped. 3 bed duplex's in the Latchford Phase were 390k, they are now 369k. 2 friends have places in Latchford & they are nice with a very good finish. EP Lynam is very good.

I just saw the showhomes there last weekend and was very impressed. The houses seem to be very well finished and I like the high ceilings and fab kitchens. Also the showhouses were very busy which is a good sign in today's lethargic property market. I reckon that they would be a good buy if you intend to live there..probably not so good if it is an investment.

Anybody know what the 2 bed apartments are going to be selling for in castlegrange?

Not sure but the 3 bed duplexes are going from 369,000. I have actually put a deposit on a house there but saw the duplex yesterday & thought it was fab. Apparently the house is the more sensible option when it comes to selling again etc...Any advice anyone?? Has anyone else been lookin at this development..if so any opinions? any advice appreciated

Kayocee,

was the show-duplex located in latchford or castle grange. I didn't realise they were on sale yet. I think a house with a garden may be more appealing to future buyers who have children etc....

hi, they were showing it in latchford but it will be in castlegrange as they r not finished yet..two different builders so only one set are actually on market at moment...the 2 bed apts are on ground floor with duplex on top

just bought the 2 bed very happy very good on snag list

Bought house in castlegrange also, had a few probs electric, seals on doors & windows replaced but was sorted out in no time. Finishing foreman very helpful will organise someone asap to come round and fix. EP lynam and la vista are 2 different builders within the development, we bought with EP lynam as they built latchford across the road which were done very well and have an excellent finish. Nice quiet area so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
How much is the full range of units 2, 3 and four beds, and how close is the grange to ballsbridge?

Joejoe

Castlegrange is a very long way from Ballsbridge. If it's for work, your best bet would be to use the train to go to Lansdowne. BUT trains are very packed and the station is a good 25-35 minute walk depending on where you are in the estate.

Castlegrange is a very long way from Ballsbridge. If it's for work, your best bet would be to use the train to go to Lansdowne. BUT trains are very packed and the station is a good 25-35 minute walk depending on where you are in the estate.

What is the cost of the units? and how far is the grange away in km's?

Joejoe

I have been living here since September, have to say no problems what so ever touch wood, the area is quite at night and the builders (john livingstone) have never let us down regarding snags, etc. The prices have gone down which is crap for me, but the build quality is excellent!

My friend has a house in Castlegrange and loves were she is,I also live across the road in Latchford(same builders)and I love it also,neither myself or my friend have had any problems regrads the builders,and as the above poster said the building quality is excellent.

Hi there,
Thinking of putting a deposit on the three bed three story( ie two beds on the second floor and a whole floor as a bedroom on the third floor). Anyone buy one of these or any thoughts on these? There are only a few left. It seems to be very reasonably priced at €314000.
Thanks a mill

I used to live in Latchford across the road from Castle Grange (same builders). I thought it was a lovely estate and I only moved because the location really didn't suit me. I thought the houses were fab and the estates seem to be finished off nicely and it was always very quiet when I was there. It sounds like a good price to me if the location suits you!

It seems to be very reasonably priced at €314000.
Thanks a mill

Is this the price for the 3 bed mid terrace? I'm also considering castlegrange. Looks like they have dropped the asking prices so does look like good value if planning on staying there for a long time. I would have a concern about public transport, not a problem for me as I drive but my girlfriend works in the city centre so I think the commute would be too much by bus. Any thoughts?

Are there good schools nearby?

I'm guessing only the express bus'es in the morning would be reasonable. I wouldn't do it myself.

Kop11 when I lived there I got the train from Clonsilla station. The bus is a major no go as it seems to go half way round the world to get to town. Your girlfriend has the option of walking to the train stations (about a twenty minute brisk walk) or if she is up and out early enough she could park along side the road heading to the train station (this is not really ideal and if you get there and there are no spaces left it is pretty stressful cos you have pretty much have to go home again). The train from clonsilla is something else. It is always packed to the rafters and sweltering hot. I fainted on it 3 times and felt ill getting off it most mornings. If you are not that way inclined then its grand cos it gets to town fairly pronto. I do know people getting it every day and find it grand (obviously not all as delicate as me ). The estate is fabulous and had the location suited me I would have stayed there no problems (and bought a bike for getting to work....). I went to see the showhouses with my mam a couple of weeks ago and I thought they were beautiful - really well finished. Best of luck with your decision!

€320k for a mid terrace. They are really lovely internally and there is a lovely feel to the estate. Its a short walk to ongar shopping. I did the clonsilla train thing for years and although it is hard, it is much better getting on at Clonsilla than Coolmine and Castleknock. At the Clonsilla stop you can organise yourself at the back of the carraige and beside a window wheras it becomes a sardine can scenario from Coolmine onwards. Also starts to empty out from Drumcondra . I think it is lucky to be honest to have train close by. You can be in a place that is as far out as blanch and have no train access or just a train to Heuston which is no good for many as you have to do change over.I did the bus ,the 39 once and NEVER again. It was the longest trip ever. I think they have express now although I dont know.

In terms of schools , other people might be able to help out as well.
But I know castaheaney is in the catchment area for two or three new schools . It is defnitely in the catchment area for a new catholic school(cant think of name) scoil Ghrainne ( a strongly multicultural school) and as far as I am aware the Castaheaney educate together. Other people might be able to help on these or other schools availalbe. All these schools are new builds and walkable to.

Still havent made decision yet. If we do decide it would be for the medium term and up to 8-10 years and then assess situation

Thanks

Was speaking to a girl in work yesterday who lives out that way and she was saying she gets the Docklands train. I had completely forgotten about this. It started just before I moved and my boyfriend used to get it to the IFSC. If this train suited you then this is a much better option. You may even get a seat on this train. When I went to look at the show houses i also had a look at the showhouses for Barnwell Hansfield which are not too far away. There is absolutely NO comparison. The exterior of Barnwell is so bleak and if you look out the bedroom window you can see into about 20 peoples gardens and then there are horrible apartments at the top of the estate towering over them all. The kitchens in the houses were huge but this was about the only bonus. I can only imagine what the estate will be like in a few years. This made me realise even more how nice Castle Grange is.