Castlefield / Aspen Wood Clonsilla

clann

Thinking of buying a property in either of these estates in Clonsilla. Just wondering what the area is like and the transport links into town for work

I lived in Charnwood for four years and found the area good. The commute to town by car or bus is pretty bad though. The train station in Clonsilla though goes to Connolly in about half an hour. that line is due to be upgraded to a DART type service with the trains going to Spencer Dock when it's built. When that happens the area will be in big demand because travel to the city centre will be so ggod. But be warned the current train service is patchy and the trains are pretty full in the mornings by the time they get to Clonsilla.
There's a Spar, Dry Cleaners, Pharmacy, Take-Away, Pub and Indian and Italian Restaurants in the village. You can walk to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre in about 20-25 mins.
If you're viewing in those developments have a good look around at the nearby houses. When I left quite a few houses on my row were being rented out. All in all though I was happy with the house and the development and it has all you need in close proximity.
Aspen Wood and Limelawn are newer than Castlefied and Charnwood and when I moved were slightly more expensive. Don't know why - they are basically all the same houses.

Thanks for that Marg the area seems grand but is always good to hear from someone who's lived there

The area is fine and now that the new Ongar road is open there is a big divide between Mountview, Whitestown, Blakestown, etc. Ongar is only a 25 min walk away and there is a cafe, Dunnes, hairdressers, video shop, curves gym and other amenities there. It takes about 15 mins to walk to either Coolmine or CLonsilla station but I would advise heading to Clonsilla as they are all very full at peak times. There is limited parking at this station (virtually non-existant). The new Castleknock Hotel is close by and it does fab cocktails!

Thanks for that heard that the trains can be a bit packed at peak hours - do you know what they are like earlier in the morning?

Regarding Clonsilla trains: You should get a seat on the 06:42.The second train, 07:15am, is standing room only unless you're prepared to fight for a seat.

Thanks for the comments on the trains will probably be on the early one (6.42) so hopefully might get a seat and an extra bit of sleep. What are the houses in castlefield / aspen wood like in terms of build quality the ones we have gone to see seem like good houses

They seem to be well built, I think it was Nolan kitchens who did Castlefields and Charnwood kitchens so they are good quality. Sounds can be heard from next door neighbours, the same as any semi-detached house. Is it a 3 bed or 4 bed you are considering?

We lived in a four bed semi in Charnwood. The build quality was pretty good (much better than the new house we bought in Ratoath)! You can hear some noises from next door (music or tv if up very loud) but very little in the way of normal day to day noises.

Thanks for that went to view property in castlefield which was grand but was wondering if anyone knew why it is nearly 25K more expensive then limelawn aspen and sorrell as they all look pretty similar. Got the usual rubbishg from the estate agent that the asking price had already been met but i have my doubts.

Yeah was a nice house but don't think its worth 520K given the price of other properties in the area

The reason it was put on so high compared with the others is that the agent sold a similar house in a nearby estate that was asking 470 and eventually went for 525, so they said in light of that, the were putting that on at 520. It sounds ridiculous to me that that is their reasoning for increasing the price so drastically. It's no wonder the market has gone through the roof!

Thanks for that Kellier. It's good if you're a seller but for us buyers its pretty depressing but if someone is willing to pay 520K for it good luck to them. I thought at that price it would be a lot better then the other houses in the area but personally i don't see the attraction. Going to view some other properties in the area this week so hopefully will be more in our price range

Two are after coming on in Charnwood, one at 470 and the other at 485. They might be worth a look

There are a couple of four beds for sale in Mount Symon, which is an estate up the road from Castlefied. It is closer to the Clonsilla Train station.

Back