Castlecurragh dublin 15

M

mimi

Im looking at houses in the castlecurragh area and was wondering whether the vale is better or worse than the heath. Whats it like to live there and are there many break-ins or problems around the area? ALSO WHAT ARE THE ANNUAL CHARGES FOR THE ESTATE

Three years in Heath now, haven't had any problems - really quiet neighbours etc - noticed kids hanging out around the spar/shops thats all. From Heath, you can walk across the park (between 8am to 8pm I think - not sure) to the shopping center.

I lived in the heath for 2 years- nice area nice neighbours very handy for shopping schools etc. the 38a is a good busroute.

I lived in the heath for 2 years- nice area nice neighbours very handy for shopping schools etc. the 38a and urbus are handy. IMO the heath is nicer than the vale and the park is the nicest part of the estate. The reason I left was the commute to town in the morning but its pretty much the same for most parts of dublin 15.

There is a piece in the Indo today on charges for Castlecurragh. Would be worth your while reading it

I've lived in the park for the last 2.5 years...I find it a great place to live...neighbours really friendly. Great location, 10 mins walk from shopping centre.
The houses are well constructed and have had no problems with it.
Great renting location too...never had any problem renting rooms.
There are current problems with the mangement company but the residents association are very active and hopefully a solution can be found...the management fees are €550 which are quite reasonable and include house insurance....
Hope this helps....

I live in Castlecurragh Vale and to be honest i dont really like it there.. have had quiet a few incidents with kids throwing rocks, eggs at the car and house windows (as have my neighbours).. the apartments beside me have graffiti all over the wiring boxes beside the front door. Litter everywhere also.. Dromheath estate which is beside the Vale is the main reason for a lot of the problems.. To be honest i am thinking of selling up and moving to Tyrellstown.

On the other hand i have heard that the Heath is a very nice place to live so i suppose it is all about where in the estate you end up.

Back