Castle Heights, Carrigaline, Co. Cork

J

JonBon

Hello,

I'm new to this site. Have done a search for previous posts on Castle Heights but couldn't find anything current, so hopefully someone can help me.

My partner and I are considering buying a house here. There appears to be a bit of a marketing drive going on and on the surface, the houses appear to be good value. While a good few houses have gone Sale Agreed in the last few months, I note that none of them appear to be actually Sold. We are familiar with the location and it suits us perfectly. We love the house (4 bed, 3 storey) and the finish of the estate - the part of it that is finished, that is!

However the fact that the estate is unfinished is obviously a cause for concern. I would really appreciate comments, especially from anyone who lives in Castle Heights. Are there any pitfalls we should be aware of before we commit? Is this a good park to bring up a young family? Or should we steer clear?

Thanks in advance

At the risk of being banned I presume house price discussion is still banned have a look at this

[broken link removed]

Just to get an idea of where the market in Carrigaline is. There are little or no mortgage approvals going through, there is an over abundance of houses in the area 154 in total of which about 50 are 4 beds according to daft.As a matter of interest what are they looking for at the moment

There is another estate in Carrigaine "Forest Hill" which is still building and selling.
I have no idea of prices etc but I know people living there and they are happy with the build quality & area.

Thanks for the replies.

CorkRebel, thanks for the link. You are right, there are a lot of houses for sale in Carrigaline. However prices are still quite high in the four-bed family home bracket. We have viewed lots of homes in the area and feel that Castle Heights is offering good value for money. I won't mention house prices on here for fear of getting my post deleted. The prices are up on Daft though, theck out no 17 Meadow View for an example. They are including fitted kitchen and appliances, central vacuum, sanitary ware, floors and bathrooms tiled, stairs, landings and bedrooms carpeted, fitted wardrobes, walls painted. To be honest we love the idea of everything in the house being brand new and to our own taste. We are also in the very fortunate position of being approved for a mortgage, so we would like to make a move soon.

Gocall01, we have viewed Forest Hill, lovely estate but the back gardens are far to small for us, also we would get far more house for our money in Castle Heights.

Sorry for the late reply Jonbon but I just spotted your thread. I have been living in Castleheights for 2.5yrs & I am very happy with the estate. I live in the third section of the estate where the show houses are located so this area has been completed, the main part of the estate remains partially incomplete but they are definitely still building. As most of the occupants are young families I would say that it is certainly a lovely place to raise a family.

If you buy in Castke Heights, you will really need to be planning on staying there long term.

Very few, if any, houses are selling in Carrigaline at the moment. There is an overabundance of supply.

Mokolodi, that's interesting. We have been renting a house that backs on to Castle heights for a few years now, its been a long time since I have witnessed any building going on. Are you on commission?

Eliza, you are right about the property market in Carrigaline at the moment, that's why we were wary of buying in an unfinished estate. A couple of 4 bed came up in Herons Wood recently, which we are looking at. We intend staying in Carrig long term though, this will hopefully be our final move, for a long time anyway