Castle Estate Agents - Are there prices higher than other estate agents?

johnnybegood

Hi just a little thing i have noticed but alot of properties been put on the market and been sold by castle estate agents seemed to be hugely inflated in regards to similiar property been sold by other estate agents.

Has anybody else noticed this? Are they trying for all they can get and even more sometimes.

for example in tallaght area:

(1)[broken link removed]= castle estates €495k

[broken link removed]= castle estates 500k

similiar property [broken link removed]= gpk €460k

[broken link removed]= lowe €430k

i have also encountered this on another couple of properties especially a bungalow in aylesbury originally quoted €500k because it had a large side entrance (but not big enough to big another house) it is now quoting €380,950 !!!! this is the one [broken link removed]= big drop!!

anybody think the same

johnnybegood said:
Hi just a little thing i have noticed but alot of properties been put on the market and been sold by castle estate agents seemed to be hugely inflated in regards to similiar property been sold by other estate agents.

Has anybody else noticed this? Are they trying for all they can get and even more sometimes.

Is it possible they are just being more accurate in their pricing? It would be interesting to see which valuation was closer to the sale price realised.

I think they do overprice. friends of mine recently used them and they valued the house at 430. My friends said no way and they would have been happy with 400. They got no enquiries until my friends told them to reduce the price. The guy from Castles said to them that he overprices things, that way when they are reduced 'people think they are getting a bargain'. He then reduced their house to 379 and they eventually accepted an offer for 405 which they were happy with. Good for them I guess but it's all so confusing as to what is worth viewing or not when they all have different tactics.

would doubt cn624 comments to be honest... alot of property they are selling is taking a lot longer to sell than what normally would. even similiar properties the sale agreed sign goes up quickly.

also in my previous example they quoted €500,000 for a two bed bungalow with good side entrance.... was on the market for good length of time and now its quoting €380,950. I WOULD NOT CONSIDER THIS MORE ACCURATE IN PRICING.

I am mainly talking about tallaght area it is at the stage where i see a property and i think thats a bit expensive for the area i am able to say to myself must be castle estates and tell you what 9 times out of 10 i am right!

Yes this is definitely true with Castle. I've noticed they nearly always put a house on the market with a price a good bit over what anybody would be willing to pay. After about a week or two they then drop the asking price quite dramatically, everybody becomes interested and then a bidding war starts. I'd love to know whether they tell the vendors that they expect the property to reach the original asking price because I know this is a method used by some estate agents (where they overvalue a property in order to get business). Personally I think in the long run Castle will lose out over this method. If you were selling your property and you noticed an estate agent kept reducing asking prices then surely it would put u off using them. Having said this I'm quite surprised how well Castle are doing around D24/16/14/6W/12 at the moment.

Had an abosoloutly awful experience with castle estates. My sincere advice stay well away.

ely said:
Had an abosoloutly awful experience with castle estates. My sincere advice stay well away.

Snap

I wouldnt recommend them to any1.

A hse in our area had their hse on the market with Castle for 5 wks. Suddenly I noticed SherryFitz were selling it and they had sale agreed within 2 days. I later discovered from a friend of mine who viewed the hse that the selling agent was giving out personal info about the vendor to viewers about her private life and told them how desperate she was too sell.

I can only think of one reason why they would do that, if one of my neighbour's same type house got say lowe in and got house valued at 500K other neighbour went with Castle and say got value of 550K , If I was to sell house at same time could easily fall into that trap and get castle thinking of the higher Vaule they gave neighbour, people dont like to change agents into the bargain

Back