cashing cheque

Guru

A friend who just relocated to Ireland needs to cash a cheque from their job to their newly opened AIB account and they have not received their bank card yet.

They cant get to a branch during working hours and the few branches that are open on Saturday are not in a suitable location.

What are their options in North Dublin city?

Thanks.

Failing a fone call to the bank, have a covering letter written to the branch enclosing the cheque and drop it into the branch letterbox or better have it hand delivered.
As long as the sig on letter matches sig on account it should be okay.
However be sure that the Payee name on the cheque is EXACTLY the same as the name on the account, it has got very sticky

If they receive their bank card in the meantime they could use the automated lodgement machines on Grafton St. They open quite late. You do need your ATM card though.

I am willing to go to the bank for them with the cheque and a covering letter however I don't want the cheque signed over to me where I have to deposit it into my account.

I will ring the bank tomorrow and see if I can deliver the cheque with a covering letter and have it deposited to their account.

Thanks.

What ever happened to being able to go into the pub on a Friday evening and signing your paycheque over to the landlord behind the bar