Cashel

Ravima

if moving to Cashel, should I rent or buy and where? any pointers, good or bad would be much appreciated.

If buying, what price range and what is the rent on a 3 bed?

Hi Ravima,

Rent: 3 bed semi furnished/unfurnished €700/750 per month in or near Cashel. Buy: €215.000 to €225.000 new 3 bed semi.

In the last year in Cashel there have been several new developments completed and several more being built at this time.

Were presently renting a 4 bed bungalow (unfurnished) on half acre for €700 per month just outside Cashel.

Hope this helps!

hada look at castlegreen avenue yesterday. houses look nice, but are a bit on the smal side. however, the price seems to take that into account, with 3 bed mid terrace at €198K.

I've bought a end of Terrace in Castlegreen. Nice area and close to main Cork-Dublin and Clonmel Roads.

There is also another new development on the other side of Cashel in prgoress. I assume there will be much more due to the recent job announcements.

spoke with agent as i was not happy with internal doors. i wanted solicd pine as I like it and find varnish earier to keep. cost of pine internal doors was in excess of €2200!!!!

Rock-view on the Deerpark Rd, in the town, are two and three bed larger-sized new houses. My friend has just purchased and rented a couple of them at €800/m fully furnished. They're still finishing them off, so have a look at them as an option as I was impressed when I saw them a few weeks ago. GFCH, nice view of the Rock of Cashel, etc. Good Luck.

have now put deposit on The Steeples. look nice, firsh phase of development, near town and all extras that I require can be installed. Any one got any views on this particular estate?

Excellent choice Ravima great view of the Rock from there.
Have you also looked at the houses at Dun Cormaic? This development is in it's second phase and within walking distance of the Steeples on the Dualla Road, the houses are finished to a very high standard.

who is selling Dun Chormaic - can't find on a search, save one to let with DAFT.

Found it.

Go to remax.ie for houses in Dun Chormaic. Dun Chormaic houses are block built but back gardens have little space and rooms are small. Steeples are timber frame and are just a few hundred yards from Dun Chormaic and in a lovely area of the town.
We bought in Rockview. I no that there are about 3 x 3bedrooms left. Rooms are very big and gardens are good size, plus there is a newly opened purpose built creche at the entrance to the estate. Best of luck!

update on proposed purchase:

having reviewed contracts, there is provision for developer to set up management company to handle matters until uch time as local authority take over the estate. I am not too enamoured with this, nor indeed is my solicitor as I feel it is another charge levied by the developer, which could go on for years and I have no control over costs.

Also, there is no mention of the BER certificate that will come with the house.

anyone have any views???

Back