Cashel, Co.Tipperary

maison

Does anyone know anything about new housing developments in Cashel. I've seen The Steeples passing through & they look nice but I've heard rumours about the quality of the finishing? Are there more houses going up in Dun Cormaic above The Steeples in the forseeable future?

Steeples look nice and have a fine entrance as against Dun Chormac entrance.

Dun Chormac are a bigger house than Steeples, but no more are to be built.

Steeples are nearer to Town Centre.

Dun Chormac is a smaller estate and is almost finshed. Stteples will not be finished for about 2 years.

Steeples have gas heating, but there is no natural gas to Cashel. LPG is more expensive to burn than oil, which is in Dun Chormac.

Road surface in Dun Chormac is not great. Perhaps it is to get another coat.

So which would you buy?

Do you know if there are any other new developments planned in the area?

Wow if steeples are smaller than Dun Chormic, then they really are small. we were looking at Dun Chormaic that they were smaller than where we bought. Gardens are tiny there too.Remax are the agents for Dun Chormaic if you want to check availability.
Steeples are block built though compare to Dun Chormic

Dun Chormac is block built too as far as I know. They are nearly completed with none left to sell.

they are 1100 sq feet, which is larger than many other 3 beds around the country which are under 1000. the downstairs loo is huge as is the en suite. Small bedroom wil take single bed (or cot) with a free standing wardrobe and a locker. At a push, it could probably take a 4ft double, but then with no furniture.

Garden in Dun Chormac is not huge, but again it is about average for semi d's around the counrty.

The downside to Dun Chormac is that there is no front garden, but then instead there is parking for 2 cars, which may be more valuable and less hassle.

I went for Dun Chormac for a few reasons: larger house; oil heating; lovely internal timber finish, and the fact that estate was almost complete. In the current climate, I was concerned that if market went south, there may be a long delay in completing Steeples and did not want to live in an unfinished estate. Also, the 3 bed semi was cheaper than Steeples.

Last edited:
Hi

Had a look at the 3 bed semi in the steeples and was not very impressed with the quality of finish.. the stud walls were taped rather than skimmed and the quality of the fixtures in the bathroom were of the cheap variety. seems quite a big develpoment when finished of 160 units

viewed dun chormaic during the week. Block construction, seemed to be good, definately cheaper than other places in cashel. Tarmac not great.Still some left according to agents.

Back