cash withdrawl

D

diceyy

HI, I withdrew 220 euro from a banklink today and walked away without taking my money , i did withdraw my card , the machine is in the factory i work in, so probably nobody arond for a few minutes, is it true that the machine reels back in the money after about 20 seconds if so i should be allright if i contact my back and explain what happened, thanks.

I don't know for sure, but I experienced an ATM snatching the money back before I could get my hands on it. I contacted the bank, and they credited my account -- so I infer that the machine generated some record of the event.

So let's hope nobody walked by and took your money.

I was trying to withdraw €100 from a banklink machine with my Ulster Bank laser card and the machine frose for quite awhile and then a message saying, transaction cancelled.

So I tried again and was successful, however 2 x €100 has been debited from my account instead of just €100

Rang the bank and they want me to come in an fill out a form, ffs, to have it investigated, so I've mailed the manager with the details and will see what happens

Hi, I've worked on ATMs. Yes you're right, if no one takes the money the cash will be retracted and it will register on the ATM journal roll. When the machine is being balanced, your 220 euro should be in the "rejection tray". If you tell the bank what time it happened before they have to search through the entire roll for the weekend, they will very much appreciate it!

last year i was standing in a queue in an ulster bank branch when a few different people came into the bank having had problems with the atm.

the machine hadn't dispensed any cash but had given receipts as if it had.

they all had to fill out forms and wait to be contacted by their banks. sounded messy..

diceyy, by any chance would there be a cctv camera overlooking the atm?

and unless someone did come along and take your cash then the atm's cash won't balance when it's being refilled so i'd imagine you'll be ok. get onto your bank as soon as you can. good luck.

yes there is a cctv camera overlooking, i also rang security when i realised what had happened and they were able to look back on my transaction and they told me no one used the machine for about 5 minutes after me, so hopefully i should be ok after i explain to my bank,

Hi ya dicey, just wondered if you'd any luck in getting your money back. The same thing happened to me last friday and the bank have advised that it can take up to 4 weeks before its resolved.