Cash in the boot

Bronte

How many of the AAM people carry wads of cash around in the boot of your cars and what do you use it for?

With the deposit rates that the banks are currently offering, cash in the boot is the only way to go!

I keep a combination of cash & krugerrands in the boot solely for ballast purposes - I find the Rolls Royce Phantom series very front heavy !

Didn't Bertie use the term "walking around money" in his explanation why he preferred cash to a bank account ?

Maybe this was just "driving around money" ?

yeah always keep a good supply of cash where i can get my hands on it fast! never trust banks or governments!

I keep a combination of cash & krugerrands in the boot solely for ballast purposes - I find the Rolls Royce Phantom series very front heavy !

You could be in the Labour party with that sort of money!

Does AAM usually have threads on this type of incident in Letting off Steam section?

... and where do you live exactly?

I don't think he should disclose his location, sure the local ne'ere do wells will be crawling all over his house, garden, garage and shed this weekend otherwise. And probably his relations houses as well.

I'd have cash in the boot, obviously, if I had a car boot sale of equipment and stuff.

Marion