Cash/credit cards/laser in USA

onway

Am travelling to USA at Easter and am wondering what to do regarding Cash.....is it best to use credit cards and will I be able to withdraw from cash machines using laser card??

I usually bring a small amount of cash say and use my credit card for restaurants, purchases etc. If you need to withdraw money over there your laser card should work in ATM's provided it has the cirrus symbol on it, I've never had a problem.

It can be beneficial to "preload" your credit card and withdraw from that as well. You would need to check with your CC provider that they dont still charge a cash advance fee in this scenario.

If withdrawing cash at an ATM (using CC or laser) I find its usually better to withdraw a decent amount in one go rather than doing loads of $40 dollar withdrawls as you have to pay fees each time you use the ATM.

Also advise your cc provider in advance, otherwise you may have issues using your card. Happened me 2 years ago in Philadephia, once I rang the company from there, I had no issues after that

Also advise your cc provider in advance, otherwise you may have issues using your card. Happened me 2 years ago in Philadephia, once I rang the company from there, I had no issues after that

+1 especially if BOI as they are annoyingly strict about where you say you will be at a particular time.

My wifes laser card never works properly in the USA. Mine does and we are with the same bank. She's phoned about it and each time it is "resolved" but then it just happens again next time.