casement that looks like a sash window?

D

Drum

Hi, this is my first time to post ,

We have just started building a timber frame farm house style house
I am in the middle of the search for Georgian sliding Sash windows Alu clad or timber I am not happy with the quotes I have received (too expensive) 40% dearer than casement they say.

There are so many companies to choose from I would love some recommendations or tips on how to reduce the price. Is it possible to get a casement window that looks like a sash window in Alu clad or timber?

TX.

If it is an Up & Down window that you really like - you will never be satisfied with a casement window. An Up & Down Sliding Sash is about double the price of a casement. There is no comparison between the workings and appearance of an Up & Down and a Casement.

Spend the extra money - you will always be sorry that you did'nt!

If you really have to go for casement - you can get a casement split in the centre with a top ope and some companies put an imitation joggle on the end of the sash (glass size will be different from top panes to bottom panes) or you could put a second sash to the bottom (to have glass lines the same) and it could be either fixed or operational. They still won't look like an up & Down no matter what you do.

Traditional up & down's were not alu clad. Go with traditional timber for the proper look.

Thanks for the post NHG yes I know you are right I would regret it, plan to live in the house for the rest of my life and I don’t want to be sad every time I look out the window.

Do you or anybody else know of any good timber Companies ? Would love some recommendations.
TX