Casement Road Finglas

B

blue_eyes

Hi,
I am thinking of buying on Casement Road but Im hearing mixed things about this particular area of Finglas. Whats it like for safety etc.

Thanks for your help

I live there! Moved in two months ago with some friends who bought a house on the road. It's grand. Handy for town because the 40 zooms in on the bus lanes, takes just 20 mins to city centre even in rush hour. Brilliant leisure centre down the end of the road and all the shops are within walking distance. It's a good location because there's a park in front so there's no fear of it being built on. Our neighbours are lovely although the road can be quite busy - the speed bumps stop any boy racers though. And this might sound silly, but the houses are facing the perfect way. Sun on the front in the morning and in the garden in the evening, perfect for weather like this.
That said, I'm only there temporarily while I wait for a sale of a city centre property to come through for me. While the area itself is grand if you go a few roads back it's not. There's gangs of kids hanging around who can be quite intimidating if you're out for a walk. And if you get the 40a or b out it goes through some seriously dodgy estates.
If you're looking for an investment property or somewhere to live for a few years before trading up I'd definitely go for it. I've heard that they're moving Finglas village a bit closer to the M50 and are building a whole new town with the biggest Dunnes in the country. Also, because they're ex-coundil houses they would have had an engineer on site so they've very well built. It's an up and coming area and I think there's going to be a lot of capital appreciation there over the next few years.
What kind of bad things have you heard?

Thanks for that aaa1. Much appreciated.

Well while I've heard good things about it from some people living nearby, others have said dont go near it, that Finglas East is much nicer. Having said that, Ive been up there a few times to check out at the area, once being midnight - which would really give a good insight I suppose, and it seemed lovely.

I might be better sticking to Finglas East.

I wouldn't know Finglas East at all so go with whichever you feel most comfortable with. Best of luck

Hi Blue Eyes, I'm from Finglas East born and bred. Casement Rd is a grand area to live in but as aaa1 stated if you go back a few streets your heading into Kildonan/West Finglas area which is a bit rough. For peace of mind I'd rather live in Finglas East. Have you checked out myhome.ie, there are a few house's near McKee rd for sale and also in the Glenhill estate at quite reasonable prices. Anyway, happy hunting!

Back