Cartax up at end Sept but it says that appl can be made in Oct. Can I be stopped ?

P

Paul Vitti

Hi

I am only driving a few months.

I got my tax renewal in the post a few weeks ago, my tax is up at the end of September, but it says that application is made prior to or during October.

My understanding was that I could apply at any stage during October and I would be OK.

I was talking to a few people recently and they were saying that no, I should have applied before the end of September and that if I get stopped I am liable for a on-the-spot fine as I do not have a current tax disk displayed.

Can anyone clear this up for me. Thanks.

Re: Car Tax

... I was talking to a few people recently and they were saying ... that if i get stopped I am liable for a on-the-spot fine as I do not have a current tax disk displayed...
Correct, or if the car is parked in a public place without a current tax-disc.
... my tax is up at the end of September, but it says that application is made prior to or during October. My understanding was that I could apply at any stage during October and I would be Ok...
You can, but strictly speaking you cannot drive your car on public roads without current tax.

Back