Carrigtwohill rush hour traffic?

collis

Would appreciate some feedback on the likely traffic situation around Carrigtwohill between 8 and 8.30 in the morning, and also between 4 and 5 pm.
Heading into the IDA business park from Youghal direction...wondering how much time to allow!

Thanks

The traffic isn't too bad around Carraigtohill, where you will have trouble at the minute is in Castlemartyr as there are road works going on. There are 3 sets of roads works on the Youghal, Carraigtohill road so around rush hours it can vary anywhere from 25min to 40min.

The evening would be the same between 4 and 5 the traffic in Castlemartyr would hold you up the longest.

Familiar with the roadworks but only pass through either very early or very late in the day so I've been spared the gridlock... until now. Good to know that temporary roadworks aside its not too bad - thanks.

By the way, is it spelt 'Carrigtwohill', 'Carraigtohill', 'Carrigtohill'...?

All depends on who your talking to, I work and live in Carraigtohill so I've seem all the spellings on different letters.

I spell it Carraigtohill but I think the signs spell it Carraigtwohill so its your preference.

My girlfriend drives from Carraigtohill to Youghal every day and it takes her about 30min hopefully when the roadworks are finished it'll be 20-25 minutes. There are road works in Castlemartyr which block up a lot of traffic and then I think it is two more on the way to Youghal (they are doing some re-surfacing) at the minute.

I would recommend driving over some evening to see how long it will take you again depending on volume of traffic your travel time will increase because of all the roadworks.

Hope this helps

Back