Carrigtwohill Guide Prices Jump 10% almost overnight..

brian.mobile

According to Auctioneering sources quoted in todays Irish Examiner Commercial Propety pages, Carrigtwohill (east cork City) house prices have 'jumped' 10% due to the announcement of the location of the new Amgem plant on the outskirts of the town. The influx of 1000 new jobs (+ the construction of the plant) has no doubt fuelled the alleged increase.

How bad!

BM

brian.mobile said:
The influx of 1000 new jobs (+ the construction of the plant) has no doubt fuelled the alleged increase.
Not to mention vested interest speculation and rumour mongering by newspaper property advertorials and auctioneers/estate agents!
Not for sellers it's not.

Cork slang translation for ya clubman."How bad" means "Good","nice one","well done".(just like "i will ya" means "No")
So what yourself & bm are saying is similiar,good for those lucky enough to own in carrigtwohill.
As for your point on special industry interests pushing such stories,you probably have a point but i bet some people will pay the 10% extra.What can you do?i don't understand it anymore!
All the best.

Cork can't claim Feen no more than Galway where it is commonly used too along with Biore only "right Girl" seems more used down south

Have lived in both (in crappier areas of both too!;) )while perfecting my colloqual language studies and savings....

"wha harm" is the best Cork phrase - it means something and nothing and can be trown in everywhere! :cool: another bit of useless info there

If people want to chat about regionalised slang then perhaps they could create a new thread in The Craic?

Carrigtwohill seems like a decent area to buy (close to city, major routes, amenities, etc). Any thoughts on the Castlelake development?

Thanks Carrig06. Been looking at Cul Ard also - I'd say traffic might be a problem there though (very nawrrow corner turning off from the village main street).

Carrigtwohill prices DROP 10 % overnight!

Looks like they're upping and leaving, I'd say plenty of folks bought on the back of the 'Amgem Effect'.

Anyone heard any more?

BM

Carrigtwohill prices DROP 10 % overnight!

Looks like they're upping and leaving, I'd say plenty of folks bought on the back of the 'Amgem Effect'.

Anyone heard any more?

BM

There's supposed to be an announcement very soon....expect the worst

2 house building schemes stopped in Midleton I heard this week. it seemed to be an overpriced suburb but maybe this is about to change.

Haven`t AMGEN announced a 2 year delay before they set up in ireland.
Is the construction of the site going ahead full steam.If not i would suspect amgen might have a change of mind or at least a downgrade.This area of east cork is overpriced imho and the only way is down.....unless there is a steady stream of plants opening with high paid jobs.

Haven`t AMGEN announced a 2 year delay before they set up in ireland.
Is the construction of the site going ahead full steam.If not i would suspect amgen might have a change of mind or at least a downgrade.This area of east cork is overpriced imho and the only way is down.....unless there is a steady stream of plants opening with high paid jobs.

well at least the railway is going ahead. I bought a house there but not because of Amgem but because it was where I could afford!

They announced today that it won't be going ahead in the forseeable future and a large number of staff have been left go.

Yes where did you find this out? There has been an awful lot of speculation in the past number of days but no announcements afaik.

Yes where did you find this out? There has been an awful lot of speculation in the past number of days but no announcements afaik.

Has to be a mix up on the poster's part...no mention whatsoever of any change today. The opening has been delayed but they say they're still committed.

Back