Carrier charged for golf clubs but this was not the airline I booked with

HMC

I booked a flight to Portugal with TAP airlines. A couple of weeks beforehand I rang the booking centre to check baggage allowance and was assured that TAP did not charge for golf bags. When I turned up at check-in, it turned out I was not flying with TAP after all, but with a different airline which does charge for golf clubs. So I had to stump up EUR35 each way and this was on top of an already expensive flight. Is there somewhere I can read the terms and conditions on this situation? Seems a grey area where as usual the passenger ends up out of pocket.

Is it a code share partner or a charter operating the route? If it's a code share parter operating the route AFAIK you are bound by the code share partner's baggage allowance..if it's a charter by the airline you booked with they should offer the same baggage conditions as TAP.

They say [broken link removed] that "Flights operated by TAP partner airlines are excluded" so they are probably covering themselves by stating this.

If you had checked this matter out with their call centre and were not forewarned then you should make a complaint in writing, probably to here
fale.connosco@tap.pt