Carrick On Shannon Co. Leitrim

march

Hi

Can anyone advise on Carrick please.

Looking for recommended areas to live in particularly with a toddler.

What schools are good?

Are there good facilities, amenities in the town?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I know the town well from passing through it and stopping the odd time (not from a schools perspective though) and it is a really decent place that has come along loads in the last few years. Leitrim gets alot of bad press for whatever reason but this town is a hiden gem with all the major shops Lidl, Tesco etc and a gorgeous place to spend an afternoon. If I personally had an opportunity to live there I'd jump at it.

Thanks very much for your response.

Will be checking it out at the end of the month, going there for a day or two.

Any comments at all would be much appreciated.

Areas to avoid, areas that are good, recommended montessori, primary, secondary schools.

Good restaurants, what clubs are there, sporting or otherwise......

Anything at all as we have no information and it would be great to get recommendations

Thanks

If you plan on buying a home I would avoid many of the newer estates in the town as few of these are not owner occupied. There isnt any anti-social behaviour in these developments, Its just that some of the houses in them are getting a bit grubby.

If you have a young family have you considered looking at some of the surrounding villages.
Leitrim Village and Jamestown/Drumsna are both nice riverside villages and seem to be popular with owner occupiers.

I havent lived in the region in a couple of years but I recall at Primary level the Gaelscoil had a good reputation. There was only 1 secondary school (Community School) which had a good reputation.

The town centre has good pubs and restaurants and the town gets busy at Saturday nights. The arts centre used to get decent music and comedy acts.

Shopping was continuously improving but I found that the nearest big shopping town was Sligo (40 mins away)

It is a lovelly it seems to have turned into a very popular town for Stags and hen parties in recent years.

Hi so what areas are the best to live with family of school going children.