Carpet Companies

jprender

I am having carpet laid down in my house later on today.

Does anybody know if the carpet company are responsible for taking away all the loose bits of carpet that are left over ?

Thanks,

JP

Thanks for reply.

I really hope they do take it because last time we had carpet in, it took me weeks to get rid of excess bits.

Do you know if that company did it because they were nice or is there anything out there that says they have to ?

JP

AFAIK, they are obliged to take it away. I had an excess bit left over and they asked me if I wanted it (as the size would suit a downstairs loo). Otherwise they would take it away. As it happens I 'freecycled' it on the free recycling scheme on the internet.

Lino Richie didn't for me, ah well they were cheap enough though so I brought it and the old carpets down to the Bring Centre and they confusingly didn't charge me so all was balanced again in the universe.

CarpetRight didn't but they use agents that you must pay in cash only when they arrive. The other company I got quotes from used independent cash only agents as well. Celtic nixers.
From my experience lower your expectations along with the price you paid and you won't be as disappointed - there was carpet still down in one room when they called and they laid the new carpet over it. Class.
A family member used TC Matthews for the whole house and they did everything perfectly. Higher price, higher service fair enough I suppose.

Thanks folks,

my wife just called me to say theat they would not take the carpet away with them.

I now have all the excess bits to get rid of together with the old carpet that i ripped up !!

What a nightmare !!

JP

Its not a good idea to throw away all smaller bits as you might well need them for a repair to the carpet in the future.