carnlough Road Cabra

ilovecheese

Hi,

Im from the southside and not familiar with Cabra at all but took a drive out there reently and thought it looked like a nice area and it has a train nearby = Major Plus.

The houses are identical to the ones I have been totally outpriced on in Crumlin/Drimnagh on the southside, so was eager to get viewing!

There seems to be a rake of houses for sale on Carnlough Road, very reasonably priced - can anyone tell me about this st? Nice neighbors? any trouble?

anything I should know?!

It's definitely on the better side of Cabra, I don't know for sure, but from travelling through it regularly, that area never has any of the tell-tale signs that some of the rougher area's have.

ilovecheese said:
Hi,

Im from the southside and not familiar with Cabra at all but took a drive out there reently and thought it looked like a nice area and it has a train nearby = Major Plus.

The houses are identical to the ones I have been totally outpriced on in Crumlin/Drimnagh on the southside, so was eager to get viewing!

There seems to be a rake of houses for sale on Carnlough Road, very reasonably priced - can anyone tell me about this st? Nice neighbors? any trouble?

anything I should know?!

Cabra is a very settled area afaik and v convenient to town

Carnlough Road is quite long. It runs from the new Cabra Rd right up past Broombridge Train Station. Like any old corporation estates, Cabra, Crumlin etc.. there would be roads you would buy on and roads you wouldn't. In my view the majority of carlough road is fine.

Anywhere close to Broombridge station is less desirable. As a general rule, the closer to Phibsboro/New Cabra Road, the better. The area around Annaly/Erris/Offaly Road is very settled but tends to be very expensive too.

I live very close to Broombridge station and I love it. The station itself is badly maintained but that is no real reflection on the rest of the road. It's true that the house down in old Cabra are more desirable but they are a fair bit more expensive and they are actually smaller than the ones up in west cabra. I lived down that side of the area for a long time but am now up in west cabra. As I said there are roads I would not like to live on but the majority are fine. Old cabra is exactly that, old. When I was growing up down there it was different, loads of kids everywhere. West cabra is like that now and can only get better. There are great ameniteis in west cabra such as being closer to the Phoenix Park and the local park and gym.

Good schools cabra convent,st declans ,st finbarrs Irish school.Very close to town good ameniteis......crap pubs but just a short hop to castleknock

hi i lived on carnlough til recently and it is generally fine, if a little noisey at times (but only really around the traffic lights). the broombridge end is rougher but more convenient to the train station. the other end is quieter and generally nicer but if you are buying BEWARE which side of the road you purchase as there is a huge development going up on that end of the road (beside the old railway lines). the developers have submitted plans for a 500+ unit site including an 8 story block. nice to have overlooking your back garden !

We moved onto Carnlough road in Cabra last year and we were thinking of sending our 4 yr old daughter to the school - christ the king gns. Its the best we found in the area so far. Anyone know it?

[broken link removed]

I live in Cabra and love it. I live in East Cabra near Phibsborough at the start of Attracta Road. Its a brilliant place to live really convenient to town, Botanic gardens, phoenix park and very quiet, we're really happy here. We live in a little cul de sac which is great. The other end of Attracta road though is not as nice. When we were looking about 6 years ago I way preferred East Cabra to West Cabra. We now have a 3 year old and are due another baby any day now. I know the Christ the King School, it's around the corner, but dont know anything about it. There is the little gaelscoil too and the Navan Road Educate Together school is very near.

We visited all of the girls junior schools there last year and found christ the king gns to be the best junior school in cabra. Staff were nice, school was nice and a low teacher student ratio.

Back