carlton abbey hotel or johnstown house hotel

coleen

Hi I got one of those sasha spa break voucher last week and it entitles 2 people to a 1 night b&b 1 dinner and 1 spa treatment for 79 euro each. I would like to use it to also include a days shopping in Dublin and the carlton abbey hotel in athy and the marriot johnstown hotel in enfield seem to be two hotels closest to Dublin. Can anyone recommend one over the other? What are the spas like ? Does any one know of other hotels on this voucher as these seem to be the two hotels coming up for me when I enter various dates.

I'm not familiar with the carlton abbey in Athy but live beside Johnstown House hotel. I have used the spa on numerous occasions with friends and family and it is fantastic. I have had friends and family stay in the hotel and they loved it. The food there is excellent. your about 50 mins from the city centre. Enjoy your stay where ever you choose.

great thanks. Is it an easy drive to Dublin from there? I would like to park outside the city and take the bus or luas in what options are available for this

I can't speak for the Carlton Abbey either but I do know that the Marriot is an excellent hotel. Lovely rooms, good food and a great spa and pool. Driving to Dublin would be a doddle on the M4. You could park in Liffey Valley and get the bus the rest of the way into town.

Have stayed in Carlton Abbey, food rooms and staff were nice
Didnt use leisure activities
Enfield would be more accessible due to M4

Getting married in the carlton abbey and use their lesiure facilities such as the fully equipped gym and pool and sauna/jacussi. Their rooms are lovely and staff are very helpful. Not sure about their spa as i have not used that but have booked in for a wedding pampering session and have had other people tell me its devine! Living in Athy so its handy for me to get to but i get the train daily from Heuston to athy and it takes 50 mins to an hour...driving depending on where your coming from would take about an hour to an hour and a half depending on location and time of day.

Back