Carlow ?the Willows/ The Laurels/ Burrin Manor etc., etc.

A

aetius

Anyone got any impressions of Carlow as a place to live / invest in ?

Re: Carlow ?

In Carlow town specifically, the Willows/ The Laurels/ Burrin Manor etc., etc.

Also O'Hanrahans Avenue ... ...

Will you be commuting to Dublin? I was driving to and from Carlow for a while. The delays can be terrible. Its very difficult to get parking near the train station. There is a reasonable bus service to from dublin.

Thinking about living in Carlow and working office-hours with occasional overtime off Harcourt Street Dublin 2.

Is this possible ? Maybe drive to, and catch either Luas ?

Train to Hueston then Luas. However parking at Carlow train station was bad a year ago anyway. I would never consider driving from Carlow to Dublin unless I knew that the road work that has been ongoing in Castledermot for donkeys years was finished

Thinking about living in Carlow and working office-hours with occasional overtime off Harcourt Street Dublin 2.

Is this possible ? Maybe drive to, and catch either Luas ?

Book a hotel/B&B for a couple of nights in Carlow and do the commute as if you lived there.

That will answer all your questions very quickly.

Invested in Carlow in Jan 2005 and recently sold for a nice return. However could notice a remarkable difference (negative) over 18 months in the Estate I bought in.

There is a new bypass currently been built and subsequently a new motorway to connect with the Kilcullen bypass making motorway all the way to red cow within 5 years. The town is booming as are a lot of town but for bars restaurants and shopping its leagues ahead of similiar such as Portlaoise or Wexford. Great night life. Carlow had the lowest unemployment in the counrty when the country was in dark ages (80's). I would recommend it as a place to live. This is based on going to college there and connstant revisits.

I have to agree with you there, carlow does have great facilities for night life and shopping, on the commute to dublin side, i have done that and the quickest is by car but you have to leave at 6.30, train is great to but depends where in dublin you work