carers allowance

nanche

my husband applied for Carers allowance in the beginning of June 2019 and received a letter saying it was refused in December and he put in an appeal which has been approved by the Chief appeals officer, he phoned the welfare office to find out when he will receive payment and was told he would be waiting some time as they need to look at it again He has been my fulltime carer for nearly 5 years, is this usual response as he has found the people in this particular office hard to deal with very abrupt and condescending My husband is very quiet and just accepts it ,

Is it not means tested? If so, it shouldn't be awfully difficult to establish the facts. I cared for my dear mother for her last 5 years, didn't get any carers grant but it was terrifically difficult at times, although was rewarding just to see her smile at times . Have huge admiration for carers and it's awful to see so many good, caring, people being left in the lurch with regard to entitlements. Against that, there are others who abuse the system so I guess the state agencies have no knowledge of who's really being honest or not. In your case I would advise you to go to your local TD representative. Good luck

I would write a letter to the Carers section asking when the allowance will be paid or you could ask Citizens Information to follow it up. You should ask for a reply in writing.

Was the refusal and appeal based on medical grounds? If it was, the section may not have carried out a means test, and they will now have to do this to establish your entitlement. As Feemar suggested, write asking for an update.

hi i need some advice im on carers allowance for the last 8 years today i got a letter from revenue for re paye preliminary end of year statement for 2019/20/21 and it says net preliminary position is 1,809 euros dose this mean i have to pay this im not working partime or anything like that my only income is the carers allowance for both my parents has anyone got anything like this before thanks in adbance

thank you very much for your reply i hope its a erro
Hi, I have the same letter. They are looking for 1400 euro. I have no records in my online Revenue account so cant even generate any reports to see what this amount is for.
I cant get through to Revenue phone line either. They must be getting lots of calls.
Did you find out if its an error?

Hi, I have the same letter. They are looking for 1400 euro. I have no records in my online Revenue account so cant even generate any reports to see what this amount is for.
I cant get through to Revenue phone line either. They must be getting lots of calls.
Did you find out if its an error?
hi dub229 yes i got through to them i was waiting 15 mins on hold i explained to them that the only income i was getting was carers allowance so she checked it out and went back to 2018 and said i didnt have to pay anything but you should try ring them again to be sure let me know how you get on

hi dub229 yes i got through to them i was waiting 15 mins on hold i explained to them that the only income i was getting was carers allowance so she checked it out and went back to 2018 and said i didnt have to pay anything but you should try ring them again to be sure let me know how you get on
Got sorted eventually. The Revenue didnt have me and my wife in their system as married. I opened a ticket and sent them our marriage cert and they added a married tax credit which wiped this out.

Back