Cards with expiry date /11

Mel

Is anyone having problems swiping cards with this expiry date?

My laser is being refused at some shop terminals and some of the bank's own ATM's.
A girl at supermarket checkout said that it seems to be happening with a lot of newly issued cards because of the /11 date.
I'm having to put things on my credit card when the laser doesn't work, which I'd rather not do for things like groceries.

I haven't had that particular probem as my laser has a later expire date. However I have had problems getting refunds twice so I was offered cash which was okay.

In case it's relevant my PTSB ATM/Laser card expiry date is later than that and I have had no problems so far. Maybe the card is simply damaged/faulty if it's not working every time?

Clubman I have the same card as you and had the problem with returning. It happened twice but I haven't had cause to return anything since. I use laser a lot and would find the OP's problem a right pain.

The card is relatively new, it was only issued in August after my old one was cloned. It looks ok, but I suppose I should have it checked. It's just a pain to be without it while new one is being processed.