Cardiff or Bristol ?

Happy_Harry

Going to the Police concert in Cardiff in October. Flying to Bristol, but have not booked hotel yet. We'll be staying 2 nights.

Should we get a hotel in Cardiff or Bristol ? Which is nicer to go out , eat shop etc ?

Bristol to Cardiff is only about 30mins by train and the station is right in the centre of cardiff opposite the stadium so it'd be handy enough to stay in Bristol and maybe easier to find accomodation (ibis in bristol is reasonable but fairly basic) Have gone out in cardiff, its very livley, bristol i think is a bit quieter.

Cardiff is a great city, would make sense to stay where the concert is on I would think. Train links are good between the two cities but would be extra hassle.

Cardiff is a great city, would make sense to stay where the concert is on I would think. Train links are good between the two cities but would be extra hassle.

I would second that Cardiff all the way

I've been to Cardiff lots of times as my sister lives near there. It's great for shopping has some nice places to eat and some great pubs - had a mighty time last year in particular at the Heineken Cup Final!!!
I've flown in to Bristol a few times and hired a car from there. Bristol looks lovely and I keep meaning to have a potter around it as I hear good things about it. Having said that if the concert is in Cardiff I'd stay there.

Enjoy it.

OK, Cardiff it is. Booked the last remaining decent hotel rooms for a small fortune, but hey, I doubt the Police will ever play again after this tour, so it just has to be worth it. I'd say we are best of getting a train from Bristol airport to Cardiff city centre ?

yeah get the train. It would be the handiest and unless your going to do a bit of travelling outside Cardiff you won't need a car. Cardiff is fairly compact.

Hi

Going over there twice in October - Police Concert and Rugby World Cup Quarter Final. For the concert, booked all on the day tickets came out and got reasonable rates for hotel and flights to Cardiff with Aer Arrann.
However, not so lucky for rugby. Aer Arrann flights practically all gone so opted for Ryanair into Bristol and will stay in Bristol for the 2 nights. Accommodation is impossible to get in Cardiff for the rugby weekend. Got a price of around 100 sterling each way for an eight seater minibus form Bristol to Cardiff. Was told a regular taxi would cost the same.
To get the train I think you have to get a bus into to the main train station from the airport. Not too far though.
Cardiff is a great compact lively city. Cant wait to see The Police. A lifelong fan and thought I would never get the chance to see them live !!

Back