Card skimmed - good response from PTSB

huskerdu

Its nice to be reporting good service from a bank, even if the story does involve my card being skimmed.

I got a text late last night, which I only saw this morning,
It was from PermanentTSB and asked me to ring a number as there had been suspicious activity on my Visa Debit card.

I was a bit wary that it was a phishing attempt, so I rang the standard PermanentTSB support line and sure enough there was a note on my account that the fraud department were unhappy about some transactions.

My card was used in an ATM in the Philippines and a number of other transactions then followed. The bank rejected the transactions until they had contacted me.

They have cancelled the card and are in the process of refunding me the money from the first fraudulent transaction, which did get through.

It is worth noting, that even though you should be suspicious of all non-standard communication from your bank, do follow up, just in case.

Had ours skimmed recently with BOI but rec a phonecall late in night. Money refunded but somehow bank took money back out again few days later and again refunded, again taken out and again refund. card cancelled and new one reissued, havent found out yet if charge for this new card as bank manager unsure!!!!!!

Back