Car won't be driven for about 1 month - advice?

Caveat

Hi

One of our cars will be parked up for about a month. It won't be insured either so can't drive it to keep it ticking over. Been starting it and letting it idle & the engine heat to operating temp. - about 20 minutes every 3-4 days.

Is this the wrong approach or is there anything else I should/shouldn't be doing?

Thanks

A month isn't to long, but just make sure you move it a couple of feet so that the wheels don't seize. Its unlikely to happen in a month.

Modern cars should easily last 2 weeks without any attention.

if its on a driveway then you can chock the wheels and leave the handbrake OFF - your handbrake could seize and if you have drums at the back then it can be difficult to free them - if you have disks then if could tear the disk off when you drive it.
if you know the radio code and you don't really need the alarm then remove the battery and put it in the garage. the alarm will drain the power from the battery. if its a good battery then it will be fine when you put it back in.
as usual if you say the make and model and age of the car then it can make answering the question a lot easier

as usual if you say the make and model and age of the car then it can make answering the question a lot easier

It's an 02 Almera - was just looking for general advice & didn't realise things like this were all that model dependent I suppose.

Yes, was thinking maybe handbrake off alright.

Do you really think the battery should be removed for the sake of 1 month?

Thanks

it would be dependant on year - if it were a 2008 M3 then i certainly wouldnt take the battery out but if it were an old starlet then maybe i would
no it would probably be fine. but depends on the drain from the alarm. i would think it would start first go if you hve a good battery. guess you will find out in a few weeks

BTW, if the car is not parked on private property, it must be insured, taxed and have a current NCT. If its "off the road", I mean literally, I think you can apply for a credit for the month's road-tax by filling in a form at your local Garda station.

Thanks - Knew about the road tax credit. Yeah it is literally "off the road", on private property.