Car web site ?

T

topman

What is the best web site to advertise my car for sale ? How much does it usually cost.

Autotrader or carzone are the two most of the insurance companies look at. Don't have a clue about the price tho...sorry

Last edited:
I don't know why that is, they seem to put an awful lot of used car magazines and prices guides out there every week.

Is the internet now the only place to look for a used car?

I have never used the cbg website to sell a car as I prefer the free ones or nearly free for that matter.

I did get a lot of emails from a company in England with "Buyers waiting in the wings " to purchase my used car.

But you would have to be thick to fall for that one.

My trouble is I don't seem to be able to sell my car privatley.

Perhaps someone should build a website for private sales only.

You will be taking a chance but you will also pay less for the car.

Then again you are taking a chance on pretty much any used car.

Did you ever watch the Mike Brewer show on Disc Turbo.

The spot the lemon bit has me amazed sometimes.

You'll see a car that looks clean as a whistle, then turns out to be an insurance write off.

Unless you have a keen eye you won't spot most of the tricks being played on you.

I would highly recomend whatcar.ie. After having my car on carbuyers guide and autotrader for months, it sold on whatcar in no time. I guess everyone knows about the AT and CBG but only genuine buyers would have known about WC back then. And yes, they won an internet award last year!

Have used carzone.ie twice in recent years to sell cars privately.
Has worked well for me so far, very satisfied.

Go with carzone - biggest audience.

DO put very good quality photos of your car on the add - use a digital camera as opposed to camera phone. show all sides and inside of the car

DO look at cars similar to yours for pricing your own - people always tend to over value their cars - if you want to sell yours quickly then price it accordingly but remember the market is flooded with 2nd hand cars and it is not easy to shift your car so really put some thought into pricing your car.

Best of luck with it.

Does anyone know which website suit which type of carfor sale. Like where would the best place be to put a high end car like a 06 BMW 3 series versus a low end car like a 00 Fiat Punto. Is any info available on this or what is the experience of the people on here?

Back