Car Wash

Yes, I am not disputing that. But she had to make a move which was outside the normal parameters of entering a Car Wash, caused by the non working of the wash in the first instance.

This could turn into a tennis match...so here`s my last word on it...if you drove up to the toll bridge, threw your toll into the basket and the barrier didn`t raise, for whatever reason, you cannot and should not reverse taking out the cashiers box and the side of your car on the way...and then expect to be compensated for it!

I think the point is that she CHOSE to reverse the car without seeking advice. There was nothing stopping her getting out of her car and seeking assistance from someone working in the place as to the best course of action. In addition, if she had reversed PROPERLY, then she would not have hit the car wash and damaged her car. Therefore I cannot see how a garage would be liable for bad driving!!!!

if she had reversed PROPERLY, then she would not have hit the car wash and damaged her car.
And there's the relevant point.
Was unable to reverse correctly without hitting the huge bloody carwash, ergo, her own fault. All normal parameters would point to this.

She could have (A) Stayed put and beeped the horn to attract assistance or (B) reversed out straight and not hit anything. She didn't do either of these so I reckon she should suck it up and not expect anything out of it, compensation-wise.