Car tyres slashed at Portmarnock Train Station

Golfer18

Just wondering if anybody was affected by this last Friday. Apparantly a dozen cars were slashed on the road outside the Links Apartment Complex beside the DART station. Anybody know the reasons for this, roumer has it, it was a disgruntled resident who went postal.

According to the northside people the cars that were done were blocking the path. The path there is very wide, well enough for a car to park and still leave room for buggies, wheelchairs etc. But divers approaching from the roundabout tend to pull up onto the path on the right and leave enough room between themselves and the wall to open their door and are therefore not leaving enough space on either side for the above to get by. I parked there once or twice, didn't like doing it so don't get the train anymore, but made sure to go and turn around first so that I was parked against the wall and not blocking anyone. I was afraid that something like this would happen. I don't agree with someone taking the law into their own hands but can see why it happens.
Parking it a real problem there. I'd been using the carpark for years and one by one new estates popped up as far out as swords and were advertised with 'only a few minutes drive to portmarnock to get the dart' so now there are so many new people using it that you're unlikely to get parked after about 7.20. Unfortunately my son's creche up the road, selected so I could drive on down to the station only opens at 7.30 so I just can't get the dart anymore. The sooner they build the multi storey the better, although I hate to think what it'll be like during construction...

Apparantly its not against the law to park there once you park on the tarmacadam part rather than the actual footpath which is a lighter colour. Hence why people who park there dont get parking tickets.
I also disagree with people taking the law into their own hands. Supposing it was a resident responsible for this, i cant see what there problem is provided that the footpath is not blocked.