car tyres for ford galaxy

majee

I've been quoted €85 per tyre for 215/55R16 tyres for a ford galaxy. not sure what brand they are. 4 X 85 = €340! Is €85 per tyre reasonable or is there better value out there? I'm in the west cork area.

majee

There is no way of telling you if they are good value at that price without knowing what brand they are.

Tyre quality depends on Brand.. Too many cheap nasty chinese tyres on the market now.

ford galaxy tyres

I recently got 4 tyres for new type galaxy size 215/60/R16 XL .
Got types fitted by mobile tyre fitter called Clonboo tyres in Galway
Cheapest tyres he had were nankang brand and €85 each but not recommended by him.He recommended a better mid range Hankook tyre for €110 each which was still about €15 cheaper per tyre than other places i rang.And he didnt try and sell he a more expensive tyre like the Michelin tyres that were originally on car from New .

I have used a website called eiretyres.com, they will deliver the tyres to your door, and you can ask around and most tyrefitters will fit them for you.

There are lots of different brands of tyres, me personally i have tried the summer tyres cheaper (but these would not be great for stopping in our wet weather).

I drive a an automatic people carrier and i went for all season tyres, far superior than the standard tyres fitted by the manufacturer both in cornering and in the snow and ice.

Last edited:
Back