Car Towed- Any recourse?

qwerty08

Hi

Long story short, I just recently moved house share and my car came with me. The street applies permit parking / pay and display 7am - 7 pm and is free on weekends. I applied to transfer the insurance disc (that would then enable me change my current parking permit, which is actually for 2mins down the road). In the meantime I placed a note on the windscreen explaining just the above, i.e. Just moved in, awaiting updated insurance disk etc.

I was away for the last couple of days with work and returned tonight to find out my car was towed this evening. My main gripe is that the car was towed after 7pm (when parking is free) so if they had waited until my car was actually parked illegally again (tomorrow) I would have dealt with the clamp tonight on my return!

Do I have any recourse since I've really been the victim of very unlucky timing!

why didn't you just leave the car 2 minutes down the road where you could legally park?

Can't see that you've a leg to stand on, you were parked illegally, the car could well have been spotted there by a warden before 7pm.

You might actually be lucky they didn't tow you the day you left, as they apply a charge per day so it might have cost you more as you say you were away for a couple of days.

There is no recourse here I'm afraid, they will not listen to stories such as waiting for the disc to come through, etc.. If you don't have the disk on display, you are parked illegally and they are entitled to clamp/tow.

Back