Car suitable for 3 car seats

gingernutter

Hi,
I currently drive a VW Golf and have one son (17 mths old) and twins on the way at end of yr so need to change cars. Can anyone recommend a car which would fit 3 car seats? We'd prefer to stick to petrol as we dont do too much driving and i've heard diesel filters can causes probs if you're not doing enough mileage.
Thanks

ginger,

was in similiar position a few years back, kids now 6 4 and 2. We have a 2001 saab 9-5 estate. 3 car seats can fit at a squeeze.

I think its a similiar story with several large cars, a hyundai santa fe for example, you can fit 3 seats in but its always a squeeze, ie it takes a few minutes and is a bit of a pain but can be done. You just have o choose your car seats with care, some are wider than others.

If you want ease then you really have to go for some sort of people carrier which are expensive. On holidays last year though we rented a citroen berlingo , it was much cheaper than an official 7 seater and it wasnt very pretty but I was very impressed at the space for 2 adults, 3 kids plus luggage

good luck

Without more info on budget, general useage etc. most answers might be largely irrelevant.
Having said that, we have a Honda FR-V which is a 6 seater - 05/06 year can be had easily for under 5K - great reliability.
We find it great as 90% of the time we just need 3 kids in back, and one or both of us parents in front.
But if Nana and Granddad are visiting, they can be collected etc. without moving the 3 child seats. Most 7 seaters won't work as easily for this, in terms of gwetting access to the back row, and in our case Nana and Grandada are not mobile enough to scramble into rear row of seats of most 7 seaters.
Many 7 seaters also have very small boot space if all seats are in use - Honda doesn't have this issue.
Sounds like you might be asking about sticking to regular saloon car though, in which case you have to try the few mentioned in posts already, and bring your car seats along when you do. Most are a tight squeeze though, and a bit impractical day-to-day with 3 kids.
7 seater options - best to take a loo k at Ford-S-Max (New Grand C-Max if looking at newer), Picasso, Mazda-5 - etc.

We had a Renualt Scenic standard spec - not 7 seater. have to say it was the easiest car i've ever had to get 3 full sized baby seats into. Also each baby seat had its own car seat - there was no sharing of the middle seat - if that makes sense. Also all three car seats moved independantly so as one kid got older they could be moved back a bit more to give more leg room.
Currently own picasso 7 seater - as other poster mentioned - grandparents and friends usually tag along now.

Back